Thursday, December 22, 2005

02. P.O.A.

Back in school I wasn't like the brainiest child in the class , but I was always considered more than fairly decent .I loved math and physics ,and though I agree that I spent more time watching Extreme Machines on Discovery Channel or , dreaming about owning my robotics company that would make 'femanoids' { mime robots that look like females ,and when I say females I mean Victoria Secret models} , instead of reading those elephantine tomes of Math , Physics and Chemistry ... I'm sure I dint muck up so bad , to land in one of India's worst engineering colleges .

But then one must be positive in Life . I'd always been "The Man with a Plan" . I believe it kind of runs in the blood . My dad was in the army and all his adult life he made strategies to kick the enemy's butt or save his own .Though I dint seem to inherit other virtues of his like a strong physique or a good height and eyesight , the strategy-making-gene passed on . So at every instant in my life I always had a Plan of Action or POA(as I used to call it). So though not making it to the iit(s) was quite depressing , I had a POA that was very simple and workable .

The POA was to join this college with half a million other goons who had no idea of what engineering was all about , and not only top the class but also get a University rank through the 8 semesters ( this seemed to be a simple job...a cake walk , if u will ... as I'd made it through the IIT screening tests and after all I'd read Dr.Feynman's autobiography when I was in the 7th grade) . With such amazing grades any American University would give away their right hand to take me, but I'd accept only GeorgiaTech's invitation and pursue my Masters in Robotics . From there a job in NASA would be a natural step . After making a couple of Robo-Rovers for the Venus mission I'd leave my job at NASA to start my own venture ..." Venus Inc. " , that would make Fe-manoids . I would later sell my startup to GoldmanSachs for a couple of billion dollars and then buy a resort in Aspen,Colorada and call it Beaver-Creek , where I would live happily ever after , with beavers ... and chicks who worked for Hugh Heffner earlier.

Yes , so my POA was that simple !! But sometimes simple things can get complicated .I dont know what went wrong , a cliched phrase to describe what happened to my plan would be ... " I got on the wrong footing " ; or was it - "My first footing was wrong " ; no it is - " Got wrong my footing first " ... ok I dont know wat the apt phrase is but I guess you get the picture . So step one of my algorithm never took off and with that the succeeding steps fell like an array of dominoes !!

And, with what magnificently contrived beauty they fell is what u'll learn about in the other chapters !

2 Comments:

Blogger ABCD said...

[In an ethereal saintly voice] Even in the best laid plans go agley... or is it awry?
And exactly how were u planning to program femanoids?
An inquisitive reader's earnest request: If u ever do get to manufacture femanoids... Rok sako tho rok lo
We have 'nuff confusion already from the you-know-which-species. Period.

December 18, 2004 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Siddhu said...

its Agley... cuz the poet burns was scottish. ;-)

Or have i got the wrong poet here?

December 27, 2004 at 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home