Tuesday, December 20, 2005

03. The Begining of the End

When you work your ass off for two long years , and you come to college you want to take it easy and try out new stuff instead of wasting time on useless activities like studying. That doesnt hold good for me , cuz i never worked for those 2 years or I wud have not been here , yet the latter part was very inviting .

The courses were really simple . Same old math , physics , chemistry with an additioanl "engineering" attached to it as a prefix .The only interesting course was "Mechanics" .I'm not sure if it happens to all the boys but ....the smell of fuel,sleek curves of a car ,sound of the engine, burning of rubber , the shape of gears and clanking of metal against metal ....well it just turns me on ! I was born for this stuff ! Why do you think they call "Popular mechnics " , popular ? ...cuz of me .

I kept joking , saying to myself that even if I dint study a word I'd make it through sem 1 . Sometimes jokes can program your brain !! And thats wat happened . I literally dint study anything . Sometimes inorder to make oneself look cool ,one crosses the line . Well I did . The image of the guy who doesnt work , who lives on the edge and yet gets thru was so ....SEXY !! Thats one word that was never seen near my name , and here was an opportunity . I took it and realised that being sexy comes with a cost .Anyway I somehow did manage to study for 1 hr the day before each exam and did all of them pretty well . Saving Mechanics ....

The Mechanics paper got leaked a day before !! Wow , now that was cool ! Though I dint like the idea of all the dolts knowing the questions before hand and cramming the solutiuons , the whole notion of an exam paper of a University , that suprisingly makes it to the Asiaweek Ranking , getting leaked was just too cool !! Now i felt like I was in college . The university came to know about it and conducted a retest and inorder to take revenge ( cool huh ?) , set an olympiad level paper . Nobody knew jack . I managed to solve 2 problems which was a big deal . Finally the results came out .

Andrew-65 .....Anil-60....Akhay-80... ...Sanjana-65....Sameer-50 !!!
fifty !!! I got fifty in Mechanics . I . Me . Sameer Khanna . I got 50 in mechanics !!!!
remember the wrong footing thing ....

1 Comments:

Blogger ABCD said...

Always the sweet phrase: "It would hav been...."

Ever considered changing this blog's name to "Chicken Soup for the highly-wrung, steam-rollered and tortured College soul"? Again... same thing here. The bullshit syllabus totally pissed me off. Or I wudda studied properly in those 2 years. Look what happened now! U writing blogs and me reading them!! The blokes on the education commision board thingy of India oughta read this blog....

December 18, 2004 at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home